When we have a problem with the pests in our apartment?
- When the climate is changing between the different periods during the year
- When the apartment is under repairs and/or when furniture is changed
- When the heating, drainage, plumbing or electrical network in the apartment has not been made tight
- When food or objects (e.g. flowerpots) which have been infected by pests like cockroaches or fly’s larvae are brought into the apartment
- In cases of bad hygiene within the apartment
- When the windows are not protected by mosquito nets
- When foodstuff is left at places which can be easily accessed by pests
- When the domestic garbage bins have not been regularly cleaned out
- When garbage bins without tightly closed lids are used
- When you have pets like dogs or cats that often spill around food
- When old stuff is stored at the balcony good conditions for the appearance of wasp nests are created
What measures should we take when we have pests in our apartment?
- We may approach a company specialized in pest control (Pest Control Company), which has the respective permits to perform such services
- All the premises within the apartment should be treated
- In areas of high pest density a secondary treatment may be done in the apartment
What is important to know before the treatment in our apartment
- Small children and pets should not be present during the treatment
- A fish bowl should be completely isolated by nylon and the air pump should be stopped for 30 minutes
- Foodstuff or utensils should not be left uncovered
- Open access to the fridge, stove and other electrical appliances in the apartment should be given
- The treated areas should not be rinsed for at least 48 hours
- After the treatment a Protocol for the disinsection, disinfection and deratisation is filled in, where the pest control detergent used, the antidote and the prevention instructions are pointed out.